Thursday, January 27, 2011

Into the Light

#13: Use new kitchen gadget 10 times.
In addition to slicing, my mandolin also has a julienne attachment, which I used the other day on some apples and carrots before sauteing them for dinner. They came out in these fun little strips; I realize that's what it means to julienne, but they were just so cute. I wish I'd taken a picture...! Wow, I'm such a food nerd.

#56: Say something nice about someone who makes me feel bad about myself.
This one speaks for itself, I guess, but I do have to mention that making me feel bad about myself is not a difficult task. I can't tell you how many arguments I've had with people over things they said that I misinterpreted as being something negative about me; what's worse, I tend to stay mad at that person for a long time, even if what they said wasn't meant to be hurtful. Messed up, isn't it? But by God's grace, I'm slowly learning to not only take people's words at face value instead of reading too far into them, but also to think of the person saying it in a positive light. I won't name any names, but suffice it to say that this goal is checked off, and it feels incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment