Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

At the end of one year, exactly 1/3 of the list is complete...that's 33 goals! Working through this list really helped to make 2011 a great year. Some goals have been easier than others, and most of the challenging ones still lie ahead.

#1: 100 new recipes.
We had New Year's Day dinner with our friends James and Lyndie, and Tom and I brought dessert: a banana-chocolate chip pound cake. (The recipe called for pecans, but I'm pretty sure someone in our group is allergic to them, so I used chocolate chips instead.) Sounds good, right? It really was, but I have to be honest: baking it was kind of a nightmare. For starters, there was too much batter for a bundt pan, even though that was the recommended pan for this recipe. Within five minutes of baking, batter started pouring out of the pan and all over the oven. The results were delicious, but my oven is a shambles. (For more details, check out my cooking blog.) It also took forever to finish baking; the recipe said 1 hour 20 minutes, but it actually took closer to 2 hours, so we were a little late for dinner. Regardless, the link is posted on the Tracking page. I sincerely hope you have less trouble than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment