Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bad Food, Good Food

#4: Give up sweets for a month.
This goal is currently in progress. From this past Monday until Super Bowl Sunday (that's 4 weeks), nothing with added sugar or artificial sweetener will pass my lips. I honestly think this is going to be one of the most difficult goals to achieve because I am a bit of an addict when it comes to sweets. Really, it's a little sad how much I love them, but I know I need to...not love them so much. So wish me luck!

#1: 100 new recipes.
Pinterest has officially invaded the Duttweiler home. If you're not familiar with this website, let me warn you: it is addictive. I've gotten so many great ideas that I probably never would have found by just browsing the internet. My biggest "board" on Pinterest is for recipes, and it is full of ideas from people who are a lot more creative than I am...! I'm just thankful to be able to reap the benefits of said creativity, especially when it comes to incorporating more fruits and veggies into our diet. So far, I've tried three recipes that I found there: baked apple chips, roasted chickpeas, and "refried" (actually slow-cooked) beans. I also found an easy recipe for fried bananas using oil instead of butter. All of these were deeelicious and a lot more interesting than just eating any of those things straight-up. Can't wait to try more things like this!
The most recent new recipe is new even for me, because I made it up! It's a butternut squash soup, and the link on the Tracking page will take you straight my cooking blog. Shameless self-promotion at its finest...

No comments:

Post a Comment