Friday, June 24, 2011

Slice of Happiness

#28: Watch every Best Picture winner from 1961-2013.
I can't believe this goal's already more than halfway done! The other night, I watched Crash. I didn't really know very much about it beforehand; all I knew was that it was about several different people's stories criss-crossing over each other. So I was completely unprepared for how race-oriented the movie was. But it was good...eye-opening, even. It's not one I would've pegged for Best Picture, personally, but I'm glad it won; I might never have decided to watch it otherwise.

#13: Use new kitchen gadget 10 times.
We had veggie sandwiches for dinner Wednesday evening, with sliced cucumbers, fresh baby spinach, and...sliced red bell peppers! I was pretty excited about trying the mandolin on the peppers; actually, I wasn't sure it would work, but they turned out beautifully! I'm glad Tom wasn't home yet when I did these; I was squealing pretty loudly. That's how excited I was. Gah, I love my mandolin. It's definitely redeemed itself since the thumb-slicing incident a few weeks ago.


Just look at 'em. I am still geeking out over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment