Friday, June 10, 2011

It's a Fiesta!

#1: 100 new recipes.
This goal is officially 25% complete! New recipe #25 was black bean lasagna, another one I found in Reader's Digest, courtesy of Taste of Home.


Black beans are frequent visitors in the Duttweiler home; Tom loves them, so I'm always looking for ways to incorporate them into meals. We're also pretty big on Mexican food around here, so when I came across this recipe, I knew it was one we had to try because it has fresh cilantro and fiesta-blend cheese in addition to the black beans. It was delicious! There's so much flavor, you'd never notice the lack of meat. I think there could be a lot more vegetarian dinners in our future if they're all as good as this one.

#28: Watch every Best Picture winner from 1961-2013.
The next Oscar winner in our Netflix queue was No Country for Old Men. I wasn't crazy about the ending, but I'm not at all surprised that it won Best Picture that year; I couldn't believe how much the story pulled me in. What's even less surprising to me is that Javier Bardem won Best Supporting Actor for this movie; Anton Chigurh is one of the most terrifying villains I've ever seen. I only watched the first half on Tuesday (the disc had a bad scratch on it about halfway through, so I had to ask for a replacement disc, which didn't come in until Thursday), but that night I had a dream in which Chigurh was after me! *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment