Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day Off

#1: Try 100 new recipes.
Don't be jealous; I took the day off so I could get an EGD. That's short for...

wait for it...

esophagogastroduodenoscopy: basically a little peek at my esophagus, stomach, and duodenum (the first section of my small intestine). Remember that doctor's visit about my frequent heartburn? Well, the EGD resulted from that. And I had to be sedated for the procedure, so I couldn't drive or do anything interesting the rest of the day. Except cook, that is! We got some portobello mushrooms recently, with the intention of turning them into burgers, and that's just what we did this evening...once the sleepy medicine wore off.


The marinade recipe I tried called for a lot of garlic, as you can probably tell from the photo. But they turned out great! They weren't as meaty as actual burgers, but they had a lot more heft than we thought they would so they were actually quite filling. Another successful meatless meal down!

No comments:

Post a Comment