Saturday, August 6, 2011

More Eggs-citement

#1: 100 new recipes.
Without really thinking about it, this kinda became Egg Week at our place. On Tuesday night, I attempted spaghetti carbonara, and by "attempted," I mean that I followed the recipe. Don't get me wrong; it tasted good...the eggs just got the tiniest bit scrambled. I didn't take a picture. I was too embarrassed...! The second egg recipe this week was an avocado egg salad from The Pioneer Woman, and I think this might be the first of her recipes I've tried...hard to believe! I love that site.

"Ree"-licious! :)

On a non-eggy note, we gave our ice cream maker another try! Our friends Scott and Amanda are getting ready to move to Morgantown, WV in a few days, and our small group threw them a pizza/ice cream party, with two different kinds of homemade ice cream! We made peanut butter cup...yum!

#93: Sit down with Tom and update our budget.
Since we moved to Louisville, neither of us has had steady income for more than a few months, and our expenses are way different here compared to when we lived in Charleston. But we both recently got long-term assignments that are supposed to turn into something permanent! So now that we have a better idea of what we'll be making from month-to-month, we can map out what to do with it. That's exactly what we did last Saturday morning, and it wasn't as bad as either of us thought it would be! Praise God, we have a budget again!

No comments:

Post a Comment