Friday, August 26, 2011

Simple and Obvious

#1: 100 new recipes.
Two new ones this week! We ate pretty badly last weekend and the first half of this week, so we decided to do veggies for dinner the second half. The first one was an corn, avocado, and tomato salad, courtesy of Paula Deen. (Actually, truth be told, she got the recipe from her niece, who got it from a magazine.) We already had a ton of corn, thanks to Food Line, so we gave it a try.


The ROI on this is huge...so much pretty deliciousness for so little work and money spent. The second recipe was for honey eggplant, cooked in the microwave! Doesn't get much easier than that.


Hmm...eggplant on a dark brown plate doesn't really make for very good photos. Anyway, it had a Middle Eastern flavor that I really liked. That's Greek yogurt on top, by the way. So good.

#40: Start a dream journal.
I don't remember my dreams very often, but when I do, they're usually pretty weird. Most times, I have no idea what is in my mind to even make me think of some of the crazy things that show up in my dreams. This is why I've thought several times about keeping a dream journal; maybe if I write them down, I might have a better chance of figuring out my own mind (wow, that is a weird statement). I recently did some research on dream journals to see if there was a particular format that was more effective than others, and every site said to keep a paper journal by your bed so that you could write things down as soon as you wake up. But I know myself well enough to know that if I keep a dream journal on paper, I'll never remember to update it. Then the other day, a light bulb came on in my head: I should keep a dream blog! I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner, with all the blogs I have already. :-p Well, I had a pretty funny dream on Monday night...funny enough to make me wake up in the middle of the night and start laughing, and I thought "OK, I have to write this down." So I started the blog the next morning. I made it private (sorry), but I will share the aforementioned dream:
There was a cookie swap going on at work, and each project team had a different recipe. A friend of mine from high school was on one of the teams, and they were making some kind of peanut butter cookie with a Hershey Kiss in the middle. My friend told me that the description of this cookie as written on the recipe card was “poopy but fun.”
And that was all! Even now I'm chuckling about it. Welcome to my brain, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment