Monday, February 6, 2012

Two New Recipes...And That's About It

#1: 100 new recipes.


I love chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and thanks to Pinterest, I've found a way to make them at home using a box of brownie mix as the base...genius! I made them for our friends' Super Bowl party yesterday, and they were a big hit! I can see myself making these for lots of occasions in the future...or, you know, for myself...


Meatless Monday has recently become an institution in our home. This week's MM dinner was black bean burgers, and they were delicious, though I ran into a bit of snafu along the way. (Is it just me, or has that been happening a lot lately...?) You may notice that it looks more like a pile of mush than a burger. I blame the Magic Bullet...details in the cooking blog.

And now, on a slightly less upbeat note...I can't make it to Charleston for the Bridge Run this year, but what's even sadder is that it makes no difference, because I wouldn't have been ready anyway. I have not stuck with the Couch-to-10K, or any running plan, for that matter. I know I have another chance to do the Bridge Run next year, but it's hard not to feel just the slightest bit defeated. When I first started this list last year, I really hit the ground running (no pun intended). But after looking over it again at the beginning of 2012, I realize that I've left a lot of things hanging, not just my training. More than 1/3 of my time is already up...I've gotta get a move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment