Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thank Goodness for Weekends

#28: Watch every Best Picture Oscar winner from 1961-2013.
About two weeks ago, I got an interesting email from Netflix. Apparently it was going to take longer than expected for our next ER disc to get here (Season 7: Disc 1, in case you were curious...making good progress on that goal!), so they sent the next available DVD in our queue, which was A Beautiful Mind. Well, Tom and I finally sat down and watched it the following Sunday evening. And can I just say...wow. It's so good. Heartbreaking at times but so, so good. This one might be a contender for a spot in the Top 5. Then last Friday we watched A Man for All Seasons, which was excellent as well. It reminded me of something I might've watched in a high school history class or something, but totally in a good way. That Thomas More was a pretty cool dude.

#1: 100 new recipes.
The weekend before last was another bad one, as far as what we ate. So we had another veggie night last week, and one of the things we had was a pot of stewed tomatoes (sorry no pictures...leftovers were gone too quickly!), courtesy of Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible.

#63: Go to 5 concerts.
Last weekend was a pretty crazy one. I got to go back to St. Louis on Saturday, this time to hear Ravi Zacharias, world-famous Christian apologist and one of my all-time favorite speakers. The next morning, I drove back to Louisville, and almost immediately after I got home, Tom and I jumped back in the car and drove to Indianapolis, where we saw...

SNOW PATROL!!! (Sorry the picture is so blurry, but that's definitely them.)

These guys are one of Tom's favorite bands, and they put on a GREAT show! The way we acquired these tickets was kinda funny. Shelli, one of the managers at my office, bought tickets to this show several months in advance, but back in December she hurt her knee pretty badly and ended up needing surgery. She's still got a long way to go in the recovery process, so she sold me her tickets. So I wish it had been under more pleasant circumstances, but the timing was actually kind of perfect for Tom and me, because Sunday was the 4-year anniversary of the day we started courting. Not a bad way to celebrate, I thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment