Monday, May 7, 2012

Eating Lighter

#1: 100 new recipes.


Tried a few new recipes over the last week or so. The first one was a no-noodle lasagna, courtesy of Dr. Oz. What replaced the noodles, you might ask? Sliced, roasted eggplant! And sliced, roasted squash! And it was great; there was so much flavor, I never even missed the carbs. :) Obviously, I was so excited about it, I didn't even remember to take a picture until after I had already enjoyed a piece...oops!


The next one was a light dessert, made with just two ingredients: pie filling and angel food cake mix. So easy, so good. The recipe called for blueberry pie filling, but we tried it with cherry, and it came out this pretty pink color...so cute.

The next new recipe was very loosely based on a recipe I found on Pinterest...and when I say "loosely," I mean I pretty much ended up with a completely different recipe. The recipe was for Thai chicken enchiladas, but I wanted to cut some calories (to make room for the coconut milk, I guess), so I took out the tortillas and replaced the chicken with some extra veggies. Well, that removed the "chicken" and "enchilada" parts, but I kept all of the other ingredients more or less the same, and what I ended up with was a Thai coconut veggie soup that was really, really, REALLY good. However, I didn't take a picture of it. The combination of coconut milk and sweet chili sauce made the soup sort of a pale pink. That works for cake; for soup, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment