Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Exciting Progress

#28: Watch every Best Picture winner from 1961-2013.
Scott and Amanda were visiting Louisville a few weeks ago, and we got to have a double-date with them! We met up for dinner and then rented The Artist to watch afterward. And you know, I really liked it! It was a big risk, doing a silent film in this day and age, but it was worth it..."the Academy" seemed to think so, anyway!

#1: 100 new recipes.
Crossing had a church-wide picnic on Sunday evening. Everyone with a last name beginning with A-M brought a side item, and N-Z brought a dessert. The Duttweilers' contribution was a tomato cucumber feta salad, which seemed to be a big hit; at least, that's what I'm going to assume since there were no leftovers. Then we had two new things for dinner this week: spinach artichoke pasta which tasted a lot like the dip, but you can eat it with a fork (what's not to love?), and crockpot chicken with a barbecue sauce made from pineapple juice and sriracha, among other things. Both were "faboo," which I've been saying a lot around the house lately...for some reason. So I'm up to 99 recipes now. Recipe #100 had better be a real humdinger.

#64: Watch every season of ER.
Speaking of humdingers, we're more than halfway through ER! We finished Season 8 last week, and boy, that season finale was...well, you know. Dr. Greene (my favorite character) is gone, and now we're seeing the beginning of what Tom refers to as the "Carter administration." Hardy-har-har.

#54: Donate my hair.
And in other news...I measured my hair yesterday while it was in a ponytail (well, OK, I held it up while Tom measured it); the longest layer is currently 12 inches, and the shortest layer is 7. The minimum requirement for Locks of Love is 10 inches, but I don't think it's too early to start psyching myself up for the big cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment