Wednesday, July 25, 2012

100 Recipes. Done.

#1: 100 new recipes.
So, after just over a year and a half, this goal is complete. When I was thinking about what to make for my 100th new recipe, I decided to attempt something that I've always wanted to make but never have because I thought it was too intimidating. That way, I'd end this goal either on a high note, or by laughing about how horribly I had failed. Well, as it turns out, I got a little of both.


Behold, the high note...the incredibly decadent wonderment that is crème brûlée. And you know, it's surprisingly easy to make. (Hey, if I can do it, anyone can.)


Then, of course, there's the epic fail...I dropped the last ramekin when taking it out of the baking dish that was full of water. Yep.

I have the greatest husband in the world, by the way. He cleaned up the whole custardy mess. Maybe he figured I had suffered enough. Good thing I had crème brûlée to console me...

I should also mention, we definitely went and hopped on the old elliptical almost immediately after consumption. You pretty much have to, I think...but how cool is it to know that I can make this whenever I want (and you can too)?! Dangerous, but cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment