Sunday, August 19, 2012

Be True to Your School

#67: Donate money to the Clemson Fund.
I might be a little biased, but I think Clemson has some of the most loyal, passionate alumni I have ever met. And why shouldn't we be? It's only the greatest university in the state of South Carolina. (Haters, hate all you want; you have the right to be wrong.)

One of the ways that alumni can show their loyalty is by donating to the Clemson Fund. The CF is very near and dear to my heart for three reasons: 1) I want to give back to the school that gave me so much, 2) all of the money goes entirely toward academic programs, and 3) during my senior year, I actually worked at the CF, calling alumni and asking them to donate, so I know firsthand how hard that can be.

Tom and I kept saying that we would donate when we had the resources to do so, and thankfully we do now, so donate we did. Of course, we thought we'd give money and that would be the end of it...but then the mail came...


As a thank-you gift, they sent us one of those nifty drawstring backpacks and a coupon for a free scoop of ice cream from the '55 Exchange. Yeah, people pick on Clemson for being an agricultural school, but I think it's pretty cool that they make their own ice cream that just happens to be fabulous. (And we're going to Clemson in a couple of weeks, so we'll get to redeem the coupon!) Of course, Clemson ice cream probably contributed to my Freshman 15, but that's a story for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment