Friday, February 15, 2013

Saddest Movie Ever?

#28: Watch every Best Picture Winner since 1961.
I'm a little behind with this one, but a few weeks ago, Tom and I rented Schindler's List. Actually...maybe I was putting off writing about it because just thinking about that movie makes me feel sad. Before sitting down to watch it, all I knew was that it was about the Holocaust. So right away, I knew it probably wasn't going to be a feel-good kinda movie. But wow, I was not prepared for just how sad it was. By the time it was over, I felt like crawling into a dark hole somewhere and curling up in the fetal position. The hardest thing about it was realizing that it was a retelling of real-life events. It's just so hard to believe that those kinds of things actually happened, that actual human beings were capable of such cruelty. The movie itself blew me away; it was incredibly well-made, but I don't think I could ever watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment