Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Good Saturday

#30: Get my car washed and vacuumed.
I decided that this past Saturday had to be the day to get my car washed and vacuumed. It's been way too long. I honestly can't remember the last time I did this, but it was most likely several months before I got married...so I would guess that it's been about four years, but probably longer. And trust me, it showed. The inside was a mess; the carpets had all kinds of dirt and grass and who knows what else, and the dashboard was covered in dust. Moving to Louisville hasn't been nice to my car's exterior either. The past three winters have really hurt the paint job, mostly because of the salt they use on the roads when there's snow/ice. Anyway, on Saturday morning, I took absolutely everything out of my car so there wouldn't be anything in the way when the folks at St. Matthews Car Wash went to vacuuming. (I wanted every nook and cranny clean, and I knew I wouldn't be able to do a satisfactory job myself.) And there was a LOT of stuff. Not surprising, since I feel like I've been living in my car the last few months. So, when the car was empty, I took it over to SMCW...and I was in and out in 10 minutes, tops! They were so fast, and my car looked a thousand times better afterward. I don't know why I put it off for so long!

#28: Watch every Best Picture winner since 1961.
Saturday evening, we rented Argo. I didn't really know what it was about beforehand, but I really liked it! I mean, come on...the CIA using a fake movie as a means of rescuing American diplomats from Iran in the middle of a revolution? I can't believe something like that actually happened; what a cool moment in US history. I'd even buy it on Blu-Ray, if the price was right. There haven't been too many BPWs about which I could say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment