Saturday, August 17, 2013

Indecent Proposal

#85: Volunteer at Jeff Street at least once a month.
Something interesting always seems to happen at Jeff Street when I'm there without Tom, and this month's visit was no exception. So here's just a little anecdote for your reading pleasure.

I'd just given this one guy some stuff from the toiletries cart, and he seemed nice enough. Not much different from most of the other folks. But as he was leaving, he stopped by the front office window and said something along the lines of "Hey...girl in the hat...will you marry me?" (I was the only gal in close proximity who was wearing a hat.)

Oh dear. There are so many things wrong with that, I don't even know where to begin. I knew he was kidding, but I wasn't really in the mood to play along, so I held up my wedding ring and told him I was taken.

The moral of the story...? Well, it's an anecdote, so there doesn't need to be a moral, but if there was one, it would be this:

Always wear a wedding ring.

Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment