Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Book and a Letter

#10: Read 30 non-academic books.
Well, it's becoming pretty clear that I won't finish this goal in time, unless I can finish 11 books in the next 8 days...not likely. But I'll write about the book I finished most recently anyway.

A few months ago, I was in the mood to read some fiction, and Tom suggested Summer of the Monkeys. It was one of his favorite books as a kid. So I thought "OK, why not?"

Well...I don't think I was quite prepared for how much I would enjoy it. I won't give away any details, but it really is such a great story. I actually found myself tearing up for at least the last two or three chapters, but not sad tears (no, sad tears are apparently for Where the Red Fern Grows by the same author, Wilson Rawls). It's nice to know that there are books like this that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. I highly recommend it!

#36: Take photos to spell out our last name and frame them.
I was looking at the list the other day and realized I still needed the letters L and E. Then yesterday evening I noticed that the bookcase in our dining area kinda looks like an E, so just one letter to go!

Um...you can see it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment