Sunday, January 16, 2011

One Delicious Weekend

#1: 100 new recipes. (5/100)


Our apartment complex has this thing called Food Line once a month, where all these local grocery stores basically donate food and the residents here can go through and get a bunch of free groceries; it's awesome. Anyway, thanks to Food Line, we recently wound up with a package of ground lamb. I had no idea what to do with that except maybe make burgers, which is what I did. I've never made any kind of burger from scratch before, but I think they turned out okay. Actually, I made mini burgers so we could use these cute little rolls as buns, and I kinda made up a tzatziki sauce (Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, dill, red wine vinegar, and salt) to go with them. I also made my first attempt at homemade cinnamon rolls for small group today. Yum!

#13: Use a new kitchen gadget 10 times. (2/10)
I used my slicer for the first time the other day! We had some extra yellow squash that I sliced up and fried (the only way to eat vegetables, in my opinion...j/k), and the next day I sliced tomatoes to go on the lamb burgers. It worked perfectly; I may never use a knife to slice anything ever again...!

No comments:

Post a Comment