Monday, February 28, 2011

More Progress

#1: Try 100 new recipes.
I've always wanted to try making fudge or some other candy, and I decided that would be the new recipe of the week. I found a recipe for some dark fudge with pecans, but I had some leftover almonds from our Valentine's Day dinner, so I used those instead; I also happened to have some almond extract which I substituted for vanilla, so the whole thing ended up being sort of an impromptu "amaretto" fudge. Whatever you call it, it was deeelicious!

#28: Watch every Best Picture Oscar winner from 1960-2013.
So, the Oscars were on last night, and The King's Speech won Best Picture! Of the 10 nominees, I had seen that one, The Social Network, and Inception, but The King's Speech was the one I was rooting for. The Social Network was great, of course, and its cultural/historical significance is undeniable. And I can't even begin to describe how stunning I thought Inception was; I'm not at all surprised that it won all the technical awards. But I can't remember the last time I appreciated a movie as much as The King's Speech; I loved everything about it. And I can already cross it off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment