Friday, February 25, 2011

A Snack and a Knickknack

#1: Try 100 new recipes.
#13: Use a new kitchen gadget at least 10 times.
It was "dip night" at small group this past Sunday, and we had a bag of potatoes thanks to this month's Food Line, so we decided to make homemade chips! I had a recipe that called for seasoning them with black pepper, garlic salt, and some sort of herb (I chose thyme), and I took along some sour cream for dipping. Not bad!

#98: Get a fleur-de-lis Christmas ornament before we leave Louisville.


I know the fleur-de-lis is probably associated more with New Orleans than with any other American city because of the heavy French influence there, but it's all over the place in Louisville too. (The city was named after King Louis XVI of France, because he sent soldiers to aid the Americans during the Revolutionary War.) So what better symbol to commemorate the time we're spending here? OK, so I cheated a little and got one from eBay, but I probably paid a lot less than I would have if I'd gone to a local store. Besides, isn't it pretty? I think it'll look great on our Christmas tree!

I should also mention, we volunteered at Jeff Street again last week. It's awesome; I think we're actually starting to recognize certain visitors from month to month, and even better, some of them are starting to recognize us!

And finally, I just completed a month of working out on a somewhat regular basis! I think this might be the first time I've done that...ever. And now I know that it really is doable; I just have to be intentional about it. It's a pretty good feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment