Monday, May 23, 2011

Marriage: It's About Compromise

#1: 100 new recipes.
I'm pretty big on comfort food (literally and figuratively...hey-o!). I've been craving meatloaf for months now, but I never make it because Tom has mentioned several times in the course of our marriage how much he dislikes it...something to do with getting bread crumbs wet and slathering ketchup on top. Well, I was flipping through an issue of Reader's Digest in the lunchroom at work the other day when I came across a dressed-up Italian meatloaf recipe, courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis. The recipe used ground turkey instead of ground beef, and it included feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, two things Tom really likes. So I ran it by him, and he agreed to give it a try. (I think he appreciated that the tomatoes were mixed in; it meant there was no need for that ketchup sauce. The bread crumbs, however, were unavoidable.) I made it for dinner this evening, and he really liked it! He said it was flavorful and had a nice texture. He even said it'd be great in a sandwich! So I finally got to make meatloaf, and it was redeemed for Tom...that's a win-win, in my opinion! Thanks, Giada!


I actually plated everything really nicely before dinner but didn't take a picture (we were both too hungry to wait), so I took a picture of what was left over. Can't wait to have it again later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment