Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend in Charleston

#10: Read 30 non-academic books.
OK, so I didn't literally read an entire book the other day, but I did hear one, word for word, in its entirety. Several years ago, I bought The Firm by John Grisham, on CD; my friend Megan and I were getting ready to go on a road trip, and we decided to get one audiobook each, as an alternative to listening to music...but we never used them (I think maybe we ran into some bad weather, which made it hard to hear in the car). Anyway, I've been listening to music at work lately, but I was in the mood for a little something different on Thursday, so I popped that in. Ooh, it was good. Helped the workday go by more quickly too, which was great because it was my last day before going to Charleston for Memorial Day weekend!

#57: Keep a new plant alive for at least a month.


My mom gave me this plant while we were at home! (Don't hate on my Aqua Globe; you know you love it.) It's one of those plants that grows roots on the stem if you cut it off and put it in water. I was worried about it not surviving the trip back to Louisville while sitting in a cup of water, but I'm pretty sure these things are impossible to kill. (Heather, if you're reading this, I think it's the same kind you and I were talking about the other day.) We'll find out!

#50: Take photos of/for a friend or relative.
My parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary next month! As their gift, I offered to take some pictures of them together while we were in town, provided the weather was good. Thank God, Saturday was a beautiful day! I think we got some pretty good shots; I've posted just a few of my favorites. I hope Mom and Dad had as much fun with this as I did! I definitely want to give this photography thing another try sometime.

The matching outfits were definitely not my idea, by the way; that was all Mom.

I think this one's my favorite. Dad was being very silly!




No comments:

Post a Comment