Thursday, May 19, 2011

So "Eggs"-citing!

#1: 100 new recipes.
I've been loving all these new recipe experiments, but it's been a little while since I really challenged myself. So I decided to attempt eggs benedict because it involves poaching eggs, something I've never done before. I was really nervous at first, but they turned out fine.

And here they are! They were delicious, by the way.

#28: Watch every Best Picture winner from 1961-2013.
(Sorry; I've been writing "1960-2013" all this time, but I'm going with the year the award was actually handed out, so it should actually start with 1961...if anyone cares.)
Last Friday night, we watched The Apartment, the first movie on my list. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about this one when I put it on our Netflix queue. In fact, I had never even heard of it until I looked up all the Best Picture winners. But, man...it was great! I thought the balance between funny and serious was just right. Also, considering that it was about a guy renting out his apartment so the higher-ups at his company could have affairs, it was surprisingly clean. They really don't make 'em like that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment