Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time Off

I've been off work today and yesterday, which is bad in some obvious ways (like...no money?). But I'm making the most of it! I was able to make some more progress on my list!

#27: Put all wedding photos/bridal portraits in frames or albums.
#36: Take photos to spell our last name.
#51: Choose walking over driving at least five times.
The only thing left to do with our wedding photos was the collage for that big frame I got Tom last year. Here it is, in its new home on the wall!

Weird...it looks bigger in person...and more centered.

I wanted to use double-sided tape for the photo collage, and I figured Walgreens would have some. Well, the weather was nice, I had plenty of time, and gas prices just went over $4 a gallon...all the conditions were right for walking, so that's what I did. On my way back, I noticed a possible W for our last name, from this huge tree just outside the entrance to Village Manor.


I say "possible" because I'm still trying to decide if it looks good or just kinda scary. Plus that first big branch is a lot shorter than the others. Oh well...we'll see.

#8: Try Pilates.
I found a Pilates routine on-demand, which was great because it meant I could try it at home...and totally skip the part where I look silly in front of other people who are in much better shape than I am. And I'm so glad I did; that workout kicked my butt. I had to stop about halfway through because I felt like I was going to throw up. Well, my goal was to try it, and I did. It was a really good workout, but I don't know if it's for me...at least not right now. Maybe by the time I work up to being able to do that Tae-Bo workout (#62), I'll be in good enough shape to give Pilates another try.

#28: Watch every Best Picture winner from 1960-2013.
Kramer vs. Kramer was one Oscar winner that Tom didn't feel strongly about seeing, so I watched it while he was at work. I thought it was really good, but boy, did it jerk the ol' heartstrings...I guess that's what happens anytime you have a little kid as one of the main characters.

1 comment:

  1. Esther, this is so cool! I knew you had your 99 in 999 thing going, but I didn't know you had a blog. I've really enjoyed reading it. This is such a fun idea. BTW, I like the "W" tree pic. It's special because it's part of where you live. Also, if you don't already have an "L", I think the L symbol for the Louisville Cardinals would be a good one since it symbolizes your time here. I'll send you a pic if you don't know what I'm talking about. Good writing, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete