Monday, October 10, 2011

Root for the Home Team

If you've visited my blog in the past, yes, I changed the background and some of the colors...again. And I can't guarantee it's the last time that'll happen. If you're a first-time reader, you've been warned. OK, I feel better now. Let's get to it.

#61: Go to a high school football game.
I went to a small private school from preschool through high school. (Hmm...how many times can one use the word "school" in one sentence...?) During that span, there was exactly one year when we had a football team. I was in the 5th grade, and I never got to go to a game, probably because I was too young. It was probably for the best, though; I didn't even begin to understand football until my senior year of high school. At the time, I was considering 4 different colleges, all of which had decent football teams, so I figured I should at least know a thing or two about it. These days, football invades not only our living room, but also our neighborhood, because we live about a mile away from a high school that boasts one of the top 10 football teams in the country: the Trinity High School Shamrocks.


They've had a perfect record so far this season, and on Friday they played another unbeaten team, the Manual High School Crimson. So, this week's date night? What else?


Aside from sitting in the student section and being surrounded by silly teenagers, we had a lot of fun! Tickets were cheap, there was a slight chill in the air, and the game was pretty exciting! And the final score?


Rocks 58, Crimson 7! And Manual's one touchdown didn't even happen until there were about six minutes left in the game. (By the way, I don't know why they put 12 minutes on the clock when the game was over...but trust me, this was taken after the game ended.) It was a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment