Sunday, March 4, 2012

Time with Friends

#24: See 5 new states.


New state #4 is...West Virginia! Our friends Scott and Amanda Whitaker moved to Morgantown, WV last summer, and we got to go visit them this weekend!


Our friend Jeff (far right) was also visiting Morgantown this weekend...we had a great time!

#1: 100 new recipes.
The first time I heard about zucchini bread, I thought it was the weirdest idea ever. Then I tried some at an arts and crafts festival in Charleston, and my mind was forever changed. It is delicious! It's actually a lot like banana bread, but not quite as sweet. Well, thanks to my Paula Deen Southern Cooking Bible (another great Christmas gift from Patrick), I can now make my own zucchini bread. And on Thursday night, that's just what I did.


Even better than I remembered! (I realize this photo makes it look more like meatloaf, but whatev.)

We tried a new recipe in WV on Saturday too: pizza with a crust made of...cauliflower! Yes, really! We were a little unsure as to how it would turn out, but I think it was pretty good, and it seemed to go over well with the small crowd that had gathered at the Whitakers' that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment