Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Confession

I know you're just dying of suspense, so here is my confession: the reason I've been trying all these low-cal recipes lately is that I joined WeightWatchers about a month ago. A few people already knew this, but I just wanted to put it out there. I think it's going to be really good for me in a lot of ways, one being that it will hopefully help with some more goals crossed off this list. (Fitting into my old jeans and going out in public with bare arms are the two that come to mind most readily...) Ah, confession is good for the soul. A burden has been lifted. Well, moving on then...

#1: 100 new recipes.


Eggplant dip, anyone? I know the color might make it look somewhat unappealing, but it is so, so good and super easy to make. In addition to the eggplant, it has roasted garlic, fresh tomatoes and scallions, and a plethora of wonderful Mediterranean seasonings. It tastes a lot like hummus, but I personally think it sits a little lighter on the ol' tummy because it's less starchy. I had some for lunch the other day, with a couple of big, fat pieces of flatbread, but it would probably make a good veggie dip too. My favorite thing about it, though? One hefty serving of dip is only 2 WW points! I think producing this in mass quantities is in my future; I could definitely get used to having some around all the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment