Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Endings

#28: Watch every Best Picture Winner since 1961.
I can't believe it, but this is DONE...I've officially watched every BPW from the last 53 years! The last one, you ask? It was the very good, very epic Lawrence of Arabia. It's nearly four hours long, so Tom and I spread it out over Memorial Day weekend, watching it in increments starting on Friday evening and finishing it up yesterday morning. I loved it! What a great ending to my run of Best Picture Winners. This was definitely one of my favorite goals...I'm excited to cross it off, but I had so much fun with it that I'm a little sad to see it go!

#10: Read 30 non-academic books.
Speaking of yesterday morning, that's also when I finished reading The Hunger Games! (It feels so good to actually be finishing some books instead of just starting a ton of them!) We rented the movie about a month ago, and it was good; but I figured the book had to be better, and I was right. I'm definitely going to try to read the next book before the next movie comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment