Sunday, June 2, 2013

More Books!

#10: Read 30 non-academic books.
On and off for the past year or so, Tom and I have been reading The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller and his wife Kathy; and we finally finished it on Friday night. I highly recommend it to anyone who is married, is considering marriage, or has just had fleeting thoughts along the lines of "if I ever get married..." It drives home the importance of the Gospel in marriage and teaches people how to have a marriage that is truly reflective of Christ's relationship with His church. Great stuff.
The next day I finished reading Here We Go Again. Tom gave me this book for my birthday a few years ago, but I never got around to reading it until recently. (Or maybe it was for Christmas...? The two are so close together, it's hard to keep track.) It's Betty White's autobiographical look at her career in television; as a self-proclaimed Golden Girls enthusiast, I knew I would really enjoy it, and I did. Her vivacious personality really jumped off the pages; it almost felt like I was sitting in Betty's living room, sipping tea (OK, maybe she would be drinking something a little stronger...?) and listening to her tell her story. I almost hated finishing it because I didn't want it to end, but my sister-in-law gave me another one of Betty's books, so the fun doesn't have to stop there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment