Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sick Day

#10: Read 30 non-academic books.
So, around 1:30 this morning, and again at 3:30, I woke up with an upset stomach and some other symptoms which I will not describe for you. (You're welcome.) I'm pretty sure it was caused by something I ate, not a virus or anything, but I decided to stay home from work today, just in case. I've spent the whole day in bed, reading, crocheting, watching shows on Netflix, and ingesting plenty of Gatorade and dry toast. I managed to finish reading Every Woman's Battle, which I've been working on for a few months now (it's a pretty short read...I probably could've knocked it out in a few days if I wasn't in the middle of so many other books). I think I would recommend it, especially to married women, though there's a lot of wisdom for single women in there too, on the subject of emotional and sexual fulfillment. (I'll give you a hint: It won't come from a man.)

One of my favorite chapters was near the end, and it was all about carving out time to spend with God one-on-one. I will definitely be using some of her suggestions when it comes to reaching one of the goals on my next 99 list. Yes, there's another list coming, and this one has a twist...so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment