Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Journals

#75: Update my verse journal.


Oh, how I love pretty journals! I've had these two for years. The one on top is my verse journal. Whenever I come across a particular verse or passage of Scripture that really speaks to me or is worded really well, I write it down in there. I've been writing in it since college, and it's always been neat to look back and read the verses that stood out to me at particular times in my life and see how God has used the Word to draw me closer to Him and help me truly understand what it means to live for Him.

Underneath my verse journal is one of my old Quiet Time journals. I don't always have time to copy verses into my verse journal at the moment I read them, so what I started doing a few years ago was write the reference in the back of my QT journal, and then I'd copy them in later when I had time. Well, long story short, I got a little backlogged. It's taken me some time to get caught up, but I finally did this morning...and, man, is there some good stuff in the Word. My hand is sore from all the writing, but it was so worth it to reread some of the passages that have taught me so much over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment